ED CROWE is a Vice President of Porzio Life Sciences and a Life Sciences Compliance Specialist with Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C.
Mr. Crowe began his career in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries in 1985. Since that time, he has held senior positions in diverse life sciences businesses, including spine, total joint and trauma surgery, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals and advertising. Mr. Crowe’s specific responsibilities have spanned many functions critical to a successful enterprise: marketing, sales, healthcare compliance, medical education, R&D portfolio planning, thought leader/medical society interactions, and licensing and acquisitions.
Mr. Crowe has served on the management boards of both small and large market share companies, developing clear strategies and executing focused tactics to achieve growth. Key positions include:
- Vice President, Medical Education & Brand Marketing at Biomet Spine
- Senior Marketing Director at Abbott Laboratories
- Vice President of Marketing at Johnson & Johnson DePuy Spine
- Group Vice President at Saatchi & Saatchi
- Worldwide Director of Total Knees at Pfizer/Howmedica
As Vice President and a member of the PorzioLS management team, Mr. Crowe uses his 25+ years of commercial experience to support:
- Overall business operations and planning
- A customer-focused portfolio of products and services
- Enhanced market intelligence and fact-based decision making
In addition, through both Porzio Life Sciences and the law firm, Mr. Crowe continues to work with clients to strengthen their compliance programs. Specifically, he:
- Consults on healthcare compliance topics, including: anti-kickback; on-label promotion; medical/scientific communications; FCPA; aggregate spend/transparency reporting; sampling; Fair Market Value; anti-trust; conflicts of interest; and industry codes of ethics;
- Assists businesses in all stages of commercialization in creating compliance structures and programs appropriate for a business’s current activities and scalable as the company grows;
- Develops procedures aligned with business operations, thereby allowing compliance to credibly and efficiently gain buy-in throughout an organization;
- Writes and edits policies, codes of ethics, HCP consulting contract templates, Business Need Assessments, and other healthcare compliance documents and forms;
- Works on-site to manage the implementation of healthcare compliance initiatives;
- Performs risk assessments, audits existing compliance programs and recommends practical corrective actions and improvements;
- Establishes metrics to measure the on-going effectiveness of compliance programs;
- Investigates allegations of individual and organizational wrongdoing; and
- Trains clients’ employees, boards of directors, 3rd party distributors and vendors with an emphasis on the points most relevant to each person’s job.
Mr. Crowe holds a B.A. in history and philosophy from Boston College and an MBA from the Rutgers Graduate Business School. In 2011, he was Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) by the Health Care Compliance Association.