MICHAEL O'CONNOR is Vice President of Compliance Technology for Porzio Life Sciences, LLC. In this role, Michael advises life sciences companies on the strategic use of data analytics and technology to drive compliance with governing laws, codes, and industry standards and also leads the development of the Porzio Life Sciences technology solution offerings.
Prior to joining PorzioLS, Mr. O'Connor held executive leadership positions as the global head of compliance and ethics operations at Alexion and as an executive director, global head, IT business consulting at Boehringer Ingelheim. Most recently, Mr. O'Connor was a Principal/Owner at 3rd Wave Compliance, a technology focused consulting company geared toward life sciences companies.
Mr. O'Connor holds a Masters in Management Information Systems from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Lally School of Management and Technology in Troy, NY, and holds a BA in Computer Science from Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT.
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "The Evolution of Compliant HCP Engagements and Transparency: Your Guide to the Past, Present, and Future," PCC Webcast Series - Pharmaceutical Compliance Digital Week, May 21, 2020.
- "Deep-Dive into Murky Waters of Speaker Programs, Nurse Educators and Patient Ambassador Programs," Moderator, Panel Discussion, CBI's 8th Annual Compliance Monitoring, Audit and Risk Oversight Conference, Philadelphia, PA, February 12, 2020.
- "Mini Summit XVIII: Transparency and HCP Engagement," Twentieth Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, November 7, 2019.
- "Address the Impact of FCPA on HCP Engagements," Managing HCP Interactions Conference, Philadelphia, PA, October 16, 2019.
- "Address the Recent Trends In State-By-State/City-By-City Reporting and How to Keep on the Pulse of Change," 13th Annual Forum on Transparency & Aggregate Spend, Washington, DC, August 13, 2019.