BRIAN P. SHARKEY is a Vice President and Privacy Officer with Porzio Life Sciences, LLC. Mr. Sharkey collaborates with company directors, managers, and regulatory professionals to maintain the content of our products and services.
Mr. Sharkey focuses on international transparency laws, codes, and regulations affecting the life sciences industry. Specifically, he analyzes the reporting obligations that companies have under governmental regulatory schemes or industry self-regulation in countries outside the United States and counsels clients on how to comply with them. Mr. Sharkey has also been involved in the development of Porzio’s International Life Sciences Transparency Database, and has written and spoken extensively on the topic of international transparency.
Mr. Sharkey is also a Principal of Porzio, Bromberg & Newman PC and a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Compliance and Regulatory Counseling Department.
Mr. Sharkey received a J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law, magna cum laude, and his B.A. from The College of New Jersey. Mr. Sharkey is recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2007, 2009 - 2015.
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "Deep-Dive into the Intricacies of State-By-State Reporting and Data Privacy Requirements," CBI’s 13th Annual Forum on Transparency & Aggregate Spend, Washington, DC, August 14, 2019.
- "HCP Engagement Strategies and Contracting," CBI's 15th Annual Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, April 24, 2018.
- U.S. Enforcement Landscape," Medical Device Regulation and MedTech Europe Code of Ethics Business Practices Summit, London, UK, April 10, 2018.
- "Countdown to May 25th GDPR Deadline - Getting Ready and Thinking Beyond," qordata Webinar, March 21, 2018.
- "Incident and Breach Response, Gap Analysis and Risk Management within the GDPR," CBI's Life Sciences GDPR Prep Forum, Philadelphia, PA, March 12, 2018.
- "Updates and Projections for Transparency, Disclosures and Pharma Integrity Initiatives," CBI's Global Compliance Congress, London, England, November 16, 2017.
- "Gain the Edge on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Are You Prepared for May 2018?," CBI's Global Compliance Congress, London, England, November 16, 2017.
- "Mini Summit XVII: Advanced Issues in Global Compliance," 18th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, November 7, 2017.