We at Porzio Life Sciences (PorzioLS) have been a leading resource for the life sciences industry for more than 13 years. As such, we are positioned for the exciting changes that continue to drive the evolution of the industry. We proudly offer the 2017 Porzio Life Sciences Year-in-Compliance as an overview of many of the year's key events.
2017 proved to be another exciting and challenging year for the life sciences industry:
- State licensing and distribution legislation continued to evolve, most likely in response to the country's opioid epidemic.
- While the FDA's number of Warning Letters and Untitled Letters has decreased in recent years, there were still numerous new guidances offered throughout 2017.
- Transparency reporting obligations and new regulations continued to expand worldwide.
- In an effort to combat the nationwide opioid crisis, many states enacted or introduced legislation to limit the dispensed supply when initial opioid prescriptions are issued for adults and minors for the treatment of acute pain.
- States cracked down on pharmaceutical representative licensure and gift limitations.
We hope that this report serves as a useful reference of 2017 key events, and provides meaningful, practical information to you and your company.
To read the full report, please click here.
We thank you for your continued trust in PorzioLS for your regulatory and compliance needs.