“Unpacking the Sunshine Act” will involve a thorough discussion of this Act, including the final rule recently promulgated and the proposed report templates released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The presenters will digest the law and regulations, as well as hundreds of pages of commentary provided by CMS. Throughout the session, they will provide their insights into and recommendations for handling the challenges of complying with the law and regulations. They will also discuss the questions that remain to be answered and next steps for CMS.
- Understand when a drug, device, biological or medical supply company is subject to the Sunshine Act, and discuss the potential limits on disclosure obligations
- Review the Payment and Other Transfer of Value report requirements and identify the nuances with each data element
- Evaluate specific categories of payments and transfers of value and the guidance provided by CMS related to each
- Analyze the Research Report and the unique data elements and considerations for capturing data
- Discuss the Physician Ownership and Investment Interest report and its relation to the Payment and Research Reports
- Understand the timing and steps involved in filing and reviewing the reports
- Provide practical insight into the challenges of data collection and report preparation
To watch the webinar, please click the video below:
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that laws are constantly changing and the content of materials on this website may not reflect their current status.